On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:06:50 GMT, Coleen Phillimore <cole...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review this trivial change that renames the file
>> test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/share/jvmti/agent_common/agent_common.h to
>> agent_common.hpp.
>>
>> The #include updates were performed mechanically, and builds would fail if
>> there were mistakes.
>>
>> The copyright updates were similarly performed mechanically. All but a
>> handful
>> of the including files have already had their copyrights updated recently,
>> likely as part of JDK-8324681. The only change to the renamed file is a
>> copyright update, since no code changes were required.
>>
>> Testing: mach5 tier1
>
> test/hotspot/jtreg/vmTestbase/nsk/jvmti/Deallocate/dealloc001/dealloc001.cpp
> line 28:
>
>> 26: #include "jvmti.h"
>> 27: #include "agent_common.hpp"
>> 28: #include "JVMTITools.h"
>
> Why don't you change all of these together?  It's the same or similar
> scrolling.

As I said in our private chat, I'll look at doing that for at least some of the
remainder.  I already had this one
queued up, tested, and ready to submit the PR when you made that suggestion.
But avoiding that scrolling
is why I described how those updates were done.  If you believe the (implicit)
suggestion in the PR description,
you don't need to look at them at all, and can just find the renamed file in
the file list at the left in the review
window (so much less scrolling) and go look at it.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17970#discussion_r1500200028