On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 13:21:09 GMT, Coleen Phillimore <cole...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This change creates a new sort of native recursive lock that can be held
>> during JNI and Java calls, which can be used for synchronization while
>> creating objArrayKlasses at runtime.
>>
>> Passes tier1-7.
>
> Coleen Phillimore has updated the pull request incrementally with two
> additional commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Missed a word.
>  - David's comment fixes.

Marked as reviewed by dholmes (Reviewer).

src/hotspot/share/prims/jvmtiGetLoadedClasses.cpp line 121:

> 119:   {
> 120:     // To get a consistent list of classes we need MultiArray_lock to
> ensure
> 121:     // array classes aren't created by another thread during this walk.
> This walks through the

Thanks for clarifying, though I'm not sure why would care given the set of
classes could have changed by the time we return them anyway.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17739#pullrequestreview-1924097971
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17739#discussion_r1517209655