On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 15:12:31 GMT, Stefan Karlsson <stef...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Vladimir Kozlov has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Removed not_used state of nmethod
>
> src/hotspot/share/code/nmethod.cpp line 812:
>
>> 810:     // By calling this nmethod entry barrier, it plays along and acts
>> 811:     // like any other nmethod found on the stack of a thread (fewer
>> surprises).
>> 812:     nmethod* nm = as_nmethod_or_null();
>
> Calling as_nmethod_or_null() from within functions in the nmethod class is
> suspicious. Shouldn't all such usages be removed? (I'm fine with doing that
> as a separate change)

Good catch! The code was moved from CompiledMethod where it made sense but now
it is not needed. Here the change I will make:

     // like any other nmethod found on the stack of a thread (fewer surprises).
-    nmethod* nm = as_nmethod_or_null();
-    if (nm != nullptr && bs_nm->is_armed(nm)) {
+    nmethod* nm = this;
+    if (bs_nm->is_armed(nm)) {
       bool alive = bs_nm->nmethod_entry_barrier(nm);

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18554#discussion_r1550118967