On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:40:46 GMT, Jan Kratochvil <jkratoch...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> IMHO `is_containerized()` is OK to return `false` even when running in a
> container but with no limitations set.

The idea here is to use this property to tune OpenJDK for in-container,
specifically k8s, use. In such a setup it's custom to run a single process
within set resource constraints. In order to do this, we need a reliable way to
distinguish that vs. non-containerized setup. If somebody really wants to run
OpenJDK in a container expecting it to run like a physical OpenJDK deployment,
that's when `-XX:-UseContainerSupport` should be used.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18201#issuecomment-2059344194