I have the same problem.. I still didn't manage to find a solution... If you find one, I'll be very grateful :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edmund Urbani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 7:00 AM
Subject: strange webfolders behaviour when opening word docs

Hi!

I'm using the WInXP+SP2 with Office 2000 as a test client. Whenever I try to open e.g. a Word document on the Slide webdav server, I get prompted for username+password. Even if I have let windows save my account data I get that prompt, only with both username and password already set.

Now I looked at the network traffic, trying to figure out why this happens. It seems that internally, as soon as Word takes over to open the document, a different client is used ("MS Data Access Internet Publishing Provider Cache Manager" instead of "MS Data Access Internet Publishing Provider 1.1"). This "Cache Manager" does not include the session cookie in its request (and neither the basic HTTP authentication header) and so it receives a status 401 reply.

I have not been able to find anything about this in the known WebFolderIssues in the Wiki. So I have no idea what is causing this and whether there is a way to work around this bug.
Does anybody know more about this issue/possible workarounds?

Edmund