Hi
star office seems to browse nicly although the original fonts have a bit to be
desired once u put some nice ones in u get a really nice browsing experience
;-)   mabey the fact that it is done by sun who are java has somthing to do
with it. But I still use lynx. feel the power..

my 2 bobs worth
alex

*/latest grumble. every time i reboot win it decides to reinstall my network
settings. wtf /*

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> > The shift to IE has probably had most to do with Netscape not releasing a
> > product for a long time.  Once Mozilla/Netscape 6.0 is released I think
> > you'll see some shift back.
>
> Unfortunate as it may sound, I actually think that IE5 does offer some
> advantages over Netscape as a browser. It does support CSS better (tho not
> fully still) and it does have some very nice features from a web design
> point of view.
>
> These stats would also concur with the general business sites we run.
> Corresponds roughly to the same amount of browsers as well.
> We have a variety of businesses who we control their web sites, having a
> wide variety of traffic levels. And IE is about the same percentage
> popularity as these stats suggest. So, from my experience with web stats
> they arent too far off.
>

> > Calling over 85% of people lamers is a bit rough, and rather antisocial.
> > After all, it is pretty hard to convince someone to use Linux after you've
> > called them a Lamer.  ;-)
>
> I gotta agree with that :/
> Linux on the desktop, lets face it, is not that ready. I'm not trying to
> start a flamewar, and push for Linux as a server wherever I can, just the
> users I deal with daily coudlnt cope.. hye they are struggling with
> windows... so yeah..
>

> dave
>
> --
When life is hard to stand try kneeling.

I never met a calorie i didn't like ;-)