Mike Mikailov <mmikai...@gmail.com> writes:

> About the last point. In the case of sbatch the jobs wait in the queue as
> long as it takes until the resources are available. In the case of
> interactive jobs
> (at least using Son of Grid Engine) they fail after a short time if no
> resources available.

But you were referring to 'salloc' and not something SGE does.  The
default for 'salloc' is to wait indefinitely.  You can change this
behaviour with the option '--deadline':

   --deadline=<OPT>
           remove the job if no ending is possible before this deadline
           (start > (deadline - time[-min])).  Default is no deadline.
           Valid time formats are:
           HH:MM[:SS] [AM|PM]
           MMDD[YY] or MM/DD[/YY] or MM.DD[.YY]
           MM/DD[/YY]-HH:MM[:SS]
           YYYY-MM-DD[THH:MM[:SS]]]
           now[+count[seconds(default)|minutes|hours|days|weeks]]

[snip (36 lines)]

>  Queuing system  No  Yes
>
>  I am not sure what you mean with the last point, since 'salloc' is also
>  handled by the queueing system.  If the resources requested are
>  currently not available, 'salloc' will wait until they are.

[snip (42 lines)]

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Herr/Mr)
ZEDAT, Freie Universität Berlin