How about using either an XML string or an XML Element as the input parameter.
This way the client programs do not have to worry about the custom classes. What I
did was to use an XML Element as the input parameter to the SOAP service. And on
the server, extract the values from the Element into custom classes. The client
only needs to know the structure of the XML element and you don't need to worry
about distributing the custom classes.

Any thoughts?

Sanjesh