Hi,

I am trying to migrate from soap_2.3 to axis_1.1.

The current apache-soap services are using messagerouter. So, all the methods in the services has similar signature like:

 myservice(Envelope, SOAPContentx request, SOAPContext response)

Axis_1.1 does not have these classes (Envelope, SOAPContext) in their API. Migrating from Apache SOAP to Apache AXIS when using rpcrouter is easy as we do not use (if we do, its very little) soap-specific imports on the server-side soap. Then, what about migrating from messagerouter of Apache Soap to Apache Axis? Is it not possible without re-implementing the whole We Services part of the application?

If we have to re-implement the whole Web Services layer during migration from Apache Soap (w/ messagerouter) to Apache Axis, does the client code change?

Is there any documentation/guide/help/resource to migrate from Apache Soap (preferably w/ messagerouter) to Apache Axis?

Thank you in advance.

Pramodh.