http://english.ohmynews.com/articleview/article_view.asp?article_class=3&no=289806&rel_no=1

      OhmyNews

      Nazi War Criminal Chased in Chile
      'Dr. Death' of Mauthausen hiding since 1963

        Marcelo Mackinnon (pelarco)
      Published on 2006-05-04 06:23 (KST)

The chase for "Dr. Death," one of the last Nazi war criminals still at large
and believed to be on the run in Chile, took a few leaps forward recently
following some court decisions in Germany. Interest in the whereabouts of
Aribert Heim was bolstered last year when a mysterious account with over a
million U.S. dollars in funds was discovered in Ibiza, Spain and linked by
investigators to the "Butcher of Mauthausen."

Germany's Baden Baden court has requested that the Chilean Supreme Court
interrogate Waltraud Diharce, Heim's daughter, currently living in the city
of Vina del Mar, 130 kilometers to the west of Santiago, the Chilean
capital. "La Tercera," a local newspaper, reports that the German request
arrived in Chile on April 24, and is still being evaluated by Chilean judges
in order to decide whether an investigation is warranted or not.

The Court of Baden Baden wants to ascertain whether Heim is living in the
South American country or whether his relatives know of his whereabouts.
Aribert Heim was named "the other Mengele" by Jewish prisoners at the
concentration camp of Mauthausen, Austria.

The German court accuses Heim of "injecting prisoners with gasoline, salt,
poison and benzine, as well as carring out surgeries and amputations of
limbs without anaesthesia and murdering hundreds of people in gas chambers."

According to the Simon Wiesenthal Center, Heim was the assistant of Adolf
Eichmann (captured by Israeli commandos in Buenos Aires in 1960 and executed
in Jerusalem in 1962).

On May 2, "La Tercera" interviewed a woman with the characteristics of
Waltraud Diharce, but she stated that "I have never had a father, I never
met him, I am now 63 years old, and all my mother has said is that my father
died in Russia during World War II." Heim's wife is living is Germany and
has been interrogated. The Baden Baden court also wants to know why Waltraud
made so many trips to Austria and Switzerland in recent years.

Aribert Heim would now be 91 years old. A major lead to his whereabouts was
the discovery in 2005 of a US$1.3 million account in Ibiza, Spain that has
never been claimed. The German justice suspects that Heim's wife and
daughter have been collecting funds to hide the "Butcher of Mauthausen"
since then. ©2006 OhmyNews

Group Moderator: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
page at http://magazine.sorabia.net
for more informations about current situation in Serbia http://www.sorabia.net
Slusajte GLAS SORABIJE nas talk internet-radio (Serbian Only)
http://radio.sorabia.net

Human rights Human rights watch Cause and effect essay
Causes of depression

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Одговори путем е-поште