Vic> I got a message from Outlook that I needed to disable SpamBayes and
    Vic> then reinstall it.  I disabled it, deleted it, uninstalled it—I’m
    Vic> pretty sure I got that part correct.

    Vic> I’ve downloaded it again and tried to reinstall it, but it will not
    Vic> work.

    Vic> I've tried several things to overcome whatever obstacle it is that
    Vic> I have hit and I have reached a point of total disconnect between
    Vic> what I understand and what is happening.  If someone would be
    Vic> willing to talk me through this, I will provide a toll-free phone
    Vic> number.

Vic,

Sorry, we are all volunteers here.  It's unlikely that a toll-free number
will help.  Can you give some parameters for your setup?  What version of
Windows and Outlook are you using?  What version of SpamBayes are you trying
to install?  Do you get any possibly useful messages from the Outlook
plugin?  Can you find the log file?  Please take a look at the
troubleshooting guide for the Outlook plugin:

http://spambayes.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/spambayes/trunk/spambayes/Outlook2000/docs/troubleshooting.html

and see if that helps move you forward.  If nothing else, it contains
directions to help you locate the log file.  If you can find and post that
it might have some useful clues.

--
Skip Montanaro - s...@pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/