Well, I figure since I live about 10 miles from Dave C., I am the person he
will come looking for first if I don't share my views.

I am the first to admit, that showing off my images is a real rush for me.
Being published in calendars and magazines for substandard pay, or on the
Internet for nothing, is not an issue, because I'd be out shooting them
anyway. Might as well get a little return on what you have done, right?
(Dave and I have had many debates over this).   I also take a lot of pride
in the images I create, and the uniqueness of my images is part of the good
feeling I get sharing my pix with others.  Sharing my pictures, or having
them stolen and used without my permission, however, are two very
different worlds altogether.  I WILL NOT TOLERATE IN ANY WAY, THE
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF MY IMAGES!   PERIOD!  They are mine, I created them.  I
am more than willing to share them with almost  anyone, provided they have
my permission, which usually includes a certain amount of input in how they
will be displayed.

Although I would consider myself a very serious amatuer photographer, or a
semi-pro,  money is usually not an issue to use one of my images.  For the
sake of everyone, just ask, and ye' shall receive (most of the time,
anyway), OK?

Rick Newton

att: Dave C.
Even though Mr. Gardner doesn't think you speak for everyone, you certainly
do speak for the majority of us.  Thank you.
BTW, in the case of Mr. Gardner's youth, he is older than we are <g>
-> SPORRS: Serious Photographers of Railroad Related Subjects
-> Web Site: http://www.anet-stl.com/acphotog/sporrs