From: Steve Mackinnon <ste...@hartcorn.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2024 7:08 AM
To: Discussion list on issues relating to automatic fire sprinklers
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Re: Manual Wet Standpipe Inspection

Good morning,

We’ve found it all depends on the district and individual AHJ…

We do a number of manual wet/dry standpipes in our area and each one comes with
it’s own challenges.

One of my colleagues just invested in a used fire truck figuring the best
course of action is to be over prepared than under.

Another company gives “donations” to the local Fire Dept. to come and flow the
standpipe at test time (this can get expensive over time).

But we always provide a hydraulic calculation for the required flow beforehand.

I found most Fire Pump operators start with 90-100 psi and increase by 10 psi
until we reach the desired flow and pressure on the roof.