From: Steve Leyton <st...@protectiondesign.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2024 10:48 AM
To: Discussion list on issues relating to automatic fire sprinklers
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Cc: Dewayne Martinez <dmarti...@total-mechanical.com>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Re: FDC for Standpipe

That’s hydraulics.  If you can deliver the demand with no more inlet pressure
than the FD is willing to accept, I think you can use 4” for the FDC.

The foregoing is my opinion only and does not represent NFPA or the NFPA 14
Technical Committee, nor intended to serve as an interpretation of the standard.

Protection Design and Consulting
Steve Leyton, President
T  |  619.255.8964 x 102  |
www.protectiondesign.com<http://www.protectiondesign.com/>
2851 Camino Del Rio South  |  Suite 210  |  San Diego, CA  92108
Fire Protection System Design | Consulting | Planning | Training