Hi all,

On the behalf of the Spyder Project Contributors
<https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/graphs/contributors>, I'm pleased to
announce that Spyder 5.5.0 has been released and is available for Windows,
GNU/Linux and MacOS X: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/releases

This release comes ten weeks after version 5.4.5 and it contains the
following new features and important fixes:

    • Drop support for Python 3.7
    • Drop support for PyQt < 5.10
    • Improvements to the logic that checks available updates and the
update messages
    • Improvements to the syntax highlighting for *match*/*case *keywords
    • Improved compatibility for the standalone installer with Windows
Server 2016
    • Additional information about Spyder available through
*spyder.appdata.xml*
    • Fix Outline Explorer *Display variables and attributes* option
    • Fix disabling completion and linting providers
    • Fix errors when removing language servers configurations
    • Fix Editor replace all occurences when using backslashes
    • Fix errors when restarting external kernels
    • Fix error when using the Online help with Python 3.11
    • Fix debugging after errors via the *%debug* magic
    • Fix compatibility with Python 2 environments/custom interpreters
    • Fix application window disappearing when changing monitors
    • Fix PYTHONPATH manager logic to get user environment variables and
detect possible *site-packages* directories

In this release we fixed 26 issues and merged 42 pull requests that amount
to more than 151 commits. For a full list of fixes, please see our Changelog
<https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/5.x/CHANGELOG.md>.

Don't forget to follow Spyder updates/news on the project's website
<https://www.spyder-ide.org/>.

Last, but not least, we welcome any contribution that helps making Spyder
an efficient scientific development and computing environment. Join us to
help creating your favorite environment!

Enjoy!
Daniel