You are correct, sir. I discovered in the rake tasks the following
little bit of code. It directs which version of sqlite to download and
compile.

# BINARY_VERSION = "3.8.11.1"
# URL_VERSION    = "3081101"
# URL_PATH       = "/2015"

Now I just need to figure out how to reinitiate the rake compile task
after making the following update, then test.

BINARY_VERSION = "3.15.2.0"
URL_VERSION    = "3150200"
URL_PATH       = "/2016"