On 05/01/2017 23:35, Richard Hipp wrote:
On 1/5/17, Kyle <kmccord0...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear all,
Under version 3.16.1, SQLite3Close is returning SQLITE_BUSY when I open
a database, execute some PRAGMAS, (run some stmts) then attempt the
close. This did not occur under version 3.15.2, nor does it occur under
the new version if I omit the PRAGMAs.

Probably you are not talking to SQLite directly but are using some
wrapper software.  What is your wrapper software?

All,
Many thanks for all the replies. It seems that I had now need to run SQLite3Finalize against the PRAGMA stmts, and including this now corrects the issue. Whilst the behaviour of PRAGMAs may change for release to release, IMO, it would be useful if this was documented in the release notes, since in this instance we see a behaviour change after upgrade.

BTW, I am using running the most excellent SQLiteForExcel wrapper to access SQLite from Excel.

Many thanks again,

Furthermore the PRAGMAs now seem to return a resultset whereas
previously they did not? Is this expected (or documented)?
Please advise,
Thanks,
PRAGMA encoding="UTF-8"
PRAGMA cache_size="-20000" (hopefully a reasonable attempt to tell
SQLite that memory is more plentiful than default would suggest).