Hello all,

I am wondering what would be faster for sqlite- Suppose I have a table with ~400,000 rows and ~20 columns. Suppose I only care about read speed of the table, and that each of the columns contains 8-bit or 32-bit integers, and the first column is an ID for the row. Suppose I also have an index on the first column. If I only use the first 3 of the columns regularly and only really want to optimize the speed of reading those first 3 columns, would it make sense to split the table into two tables, where the first column (the ID) is identical, but the first table only has the first 3 columns and the second table has the rest of the columns. Would that make reading the smaller table with only the 3 columns noticably faster (due to less page faults/etc.)?

Josh