It depends on what you mean remotely.

By itself SQLite doesn't have any networking library built in. It's an embedded database.

You can put application wrappers around the database, I believe that wrappers exist to make SQLIte into a true client/server but thats additional code. Also there is ODBC, but there's nothing (AFAIK) in the actual codebase itself that allows any remote connectivity.

Clearly you can put Apache/Nginx/PHP/SQlite into a software stack and make it work, we actually use Nginx/Mojolicious/SQLite as our platform stack but there's nothing in there that allows any remote access to SQLite.

If you are talking about hosting the database on a network volume, I would recommend that you read this

https://sqlite.org/whentouse.html

The very first paragraph states what Sqlite can do. I would also pay close attention to "If there are many client programs sending SQL to the same database over a network, then use a client/server database engine instead of SQLite. SQLite will work over a network filesystem, but because of the latency associated with most network filesystems, performance will not be great. Also, file locking logic is buggy in many network filesystem implementations (on both Unix and Windows). If file locking does not work correctly, two or more clients might try to modify the same part of the same database at the same time, resulting in corruption. Because this problem results from bugs in the underlying filesystem implementation, there is nothing SQLite can do to prevent it.

A good rule of thumb is to avoid using SQLite in situations where the same database will be accessed directly (without an intervening application server) and simultaneously from many computers over a network."

Just my 2p worth,

Rob