On 15 Apr 2018, at 7:54pm, dave <d...@ziggurat29.com> wrote:

> I wonder if I can really strip it down
> further by eliminating parsing, query planning, etc, altogether, and only
> support the virtual machine.

I wonder what you would find if you looked through the data structure of
sqlite3_stmt.  Presumably the compilation process would convert the SQL text
into bytecode and the bytecode would be stored in the statement.

Once you have seen the bytecode from your desired SQL, it might be possible to
write a C function which accepts a pointer and a length and creates a statement
with a copy of that chunk of memory as the bytecode and everything else set up
the way it is in a newly-created statement.

Or something like that.

Simon.