On 1 May 2018, at 1:45am, Roman Fleysher <roman.fleys...@einstein.yu.edu> wrote:

> If x=10 has less than nX dots, all dots with x=10 are deleted. Because of
> deletion, y=3 which previously had more than nY dots no longer passes the
> threshold and thus y=3 must be deleted too. This could cause deletion of some
> other x, etc. At the end, number of dots on all vertical lines must be more
> than nX and number of dots on all horizontal lines must be more than nY.

I just realised that this is an image-processing problem, and could be
completed ridiculously quickly by defining a filter in a GPU language.  If you
have access to people working in image recognition, you might usefully consult
them about how big a dataset they could support, or just show them the problem
in general.

I would prototype it using a JavaScript canvas.  Once the initial data is
written to the canvas you can use API calls to see what colour a pixel is, so
the whole thing could be completed without needing further access to the SQLite
table.  I would bet that any up-to-date browser could solve the problem in
JavaScript fast enough for still images.  Applying it to successive frames of a
moving image might be a different matter.

Not helpful for a SQLite solution, I'm afraid.

Simon.