Scott Robinson wrote:

> What version of SQLite are you using for this? I just did the
> following and do not see the string quoted values you are describing:

I'm sorry, the example given was just the current one I was
using to test the fix. In general I found the application was
quoting all Numbers and I was WRONG about the meta data stored
in the db file. It seems in almost all cases Sqlite is doing
a very good job of storing meta data I think.

Too clarify my application is coded in Java and is using a JDBC.

The example belows indicates that even when a mistake is made for
instance in declaring a type of TINYIN, the SQL type stored or
derived from the JDBC for the meta data is, 4, INTEGER. Good
guess!

CREATE TABLE exnumeric(
weight TINYNT NOT NULL,
speed DOUBLE);

Name    Java Class       SQLType        SQL Type Name
weight  java.lang.Object    4           TINYNT
speed   java.lang.Object    8           DOUBLE

In general if a table type is declared outside the defined SQL
types it still, for example (weight, kilograms), is defined as
TEXT it seems.

The issue I was having had to do with keying off only the Java
Class which in all cases is java.lang.Object. Most other databases
return for example the speed column, as java.lang.Double
from a Java ResultSetMetaData.

danap.