On 7/13/18, Martin Vystrčil <vystrcil.mar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But still, I would like to solve this somehow, could you please suggest me
> some point, where to start ? Are there any possible compilation options, to
> limit this allocation ?

It is not SQLite that is doing this allocation.  I suspect it is
something happening inside of the malloc() in your libc.

You can see the SQLite is never doing a huge allocation by calling
sqlite3_memory_highwater(0) in place of sqlite3_memory_used().

You are probably better off letting malloc() do whatever allocations
it wants.  However, if you really want to work around this, there are
ways of getting SQLite to use a memory allocator other than the
default system malloc().  See https://www.sqlite.org/malloc.html for
further information.  These are sharp techniques, so be careful.  But
if you do it right, you can limit the memory usage of SQLite to
whatever you want.
--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org