Simon Slavin wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I don't see a question in your post.

As intended. It was just a statement based on observation,
with regard to SQLite .dump, my GUI dump, and other database
dump outputs. MySQL also uses a short version without
specifying column names, but does quotes identifiers.

Warren Young wrote:
> and using the database's
> identifier quoting character.

> It does that at need already:

> sqlite> create table "x y" ("a b" INTEGER);
> sqlite> .dump
> PRAGMA foreign_keys=OFF;
> BEGIN TRANSACTION;
> CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS "x y" ("a b" INTEGER);
> COMMIT;

Seems only when the initial dll specified.

sqlite> create table x (a INTEGER);
sqlite> .dump
PRAGMA foreign_keys=OFF;
BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TABLE x (a INTEGER);
COMMIT;

There is no intention to indicate a bug, or other aspect
about a deficiency in SQLite .dump.

The reason my tool provides columns is because the
dump is made to allow users to selectively save data
from only the specified columns.

The reason I always quote identifiers, is because people
do stuff like this for names, "keY_cOlumn2".

If that was not quoted in dml then it might be interpreted
as KEY_COLUMN2 for example in some databases, and then throw
an error.

NO SUCH COLUMN.

danap.