Il 04/08/2018 07:07, Abramo Bagnara ha scritto:
> Il 03/08/2018 23:53, Abroży Nieprzełoży ha scritto:
>> -- One table with whole files
>> CREATE TABLE content(
>>         id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
>>         data BLOB NOT NULL
>> );
>> -- And second table with line boundaries
>> CREATE TABLE lines(
>>         id INTEGER NOT NULL REFERENCES content(id),
>>         line_no INTEGER NOT NULL,
>>         bytes_from INTEGER NOT NULL,
>>         bytes_to INTEGER NOT NULL,
>>         PRIMARY KEY(id, line_num)
>> ) WITHOUT ROWID;
>> -- Use Incremental BLOB I/O https://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/blob_open.html
>
> Incremental BLOB I/O is faster than using substr(data, start, len) in a
> SELECT?

Someone familiar with implementation of BLOB I/O and sqlite VM can
answer to that?

I'd guess that *if* there is a difference it is greater with bigger
blobs, but it is also possible there is not any sensible difference if
substr act similarly to sqlite3_blob_read.

But my uninformed guesses are definitely not relevant, until an aware
Samaritan will come to clarify that ;-)

--
Abramo Bagnara

BUGSENG srl - http://bugseng.com