email signature Klaus Maas
On 2018-08-30 21:39, Jürgen Palm wrote:
Richard Hipp wrote:
On 8/30/18, Jürgen Palm <juergen_p...@online.de> wrote:

Richard Hipp wrote:
On 8/30/18, Klaus Maas <k...@maasser.eu> wrote:
Same issues on Xubuntu 16.04 and 18.04

US international keyboard layout

Actually 2 questions:

1) The precompiled binary for Linux of sqlite3  does not run, but
sqldiff and sqlite3_analyzer do.
./sqlite3: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open
What steps can I take to provide the missing library?
You have a desktop linux machine on which libz is not installed?  I
didn't even know that was possible.

What flavor of linux are you running?

He mentioned it in the first sentence: Xubuntu 16.04 and 18.04. Of
course, libz.so.1 is installed. I've currently running a virtual machine
with Xubuntu 18.04 and tried also to execute the precompiled binary and
it didn't work, but I didn't actually expect it as I'm running a 64bit
system. Most likely the problem from Klaus is caused by the same reason.
So, perhaps the solution is for Klaus to compile it himself from sources?

If he is indeed running a 64bit system he could also just install the package zlib1g:i386, which contains the 32bit version of libz.so.1. With this package installed, the precompiled sqlite binary is running properly on my 64bit system.
Dear Jürgen, I am running 64-bit versions of Xubuntu as you assumed correctly.
Thank you for the tip - and for providing the lib name explicitly.
"sudo apt install zlib1g:i386" did the trick.
The precompiled Linux sqlite version 3.24.0 starts as expected and the keyboard codes of the navigation keys are interpreted correctly.
Tried it on Xubuntu 16.04 so far only - still my main system.
What puzzled me at first was that neither apt policy nor apt search would show me the lib, even when requesting it litterally. Then I remembered that on a 64-bit OS the 32-bit libraries are filtered out by default.
Now that the 32bit lib is installed apt policy will show its status.
Thank you all for helping me so swiftly.
Klaus