From https://www.sqlite.org/chronology.html you should be able to
click on the date, then click on the check-in hash number, then click
the link after "Downloads:" to download a ZIP, TAR, or SQLAR of the
older version. Keep in mind that this gives you a snapshot of the
source tree, you would have to build your own amalgamation.

I wish this would be a little more intuitive.

It would probably be ideal if you could start using the fossil tool.