More specifically, in the "Simple Features for SQL" specification:

http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/sfs

and if you have access (or gobs of money), there's the ISO spec (I'm guessing it's the same) - https://webstore.ansi.org/RecordDetail.aspx?sku=ISO+19125-1%3A2004

I'd also suggest PostGIS (a PostGreSQL extension for spatial) given they're open-source you can take a gander at their code to get a feel for it.

PostGIS also has a superset called "EWKB", though the docs are fairly poor on it (I'm not sure what the "E" is for - Enhanced"?) - "PostGIS EWKB/EWKT add 3dm,3dz,4d coordinates support and embedded SRID information" - probably beyond the scope of what you want in geopoly at this point.

Cheers,

Jonathan

On 2018-10-19 21:56, Noel Frankinet wrote:
There a WKB and WKT (text) representation).
You can probably find everything : http://www.opengeospatial.org
Spatialite is also a good source
.

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 22:47, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

On 10/19/18, Thomas Kurz <sqlite.2...@t-net.ruhr> wrote:
Beginning with the next release, polygons will always be stored in the
binary format.
Is the SQLite binary encoding identical to the Well-Known-Binary geometry
format?
That might have happened, except the WKB format was not known to me...
Where can I find information about WKB?

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org