Hi!

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 3:04 PM Eric Grange <zar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> my suggestion would be to store them as JSON in a blob, and use the JSON
> functions of SQLite to extract the data

JSON has some crazy limitations like by standard it does not support
full floating point spec, so NaN and infinity cannot be represented
there. So JSON is really no a great format when you want to preserve
as much of the input as possible (like, integers, floats, text, and
binary). SQLite seems to be spot on in this regard.

But yes, if there would be some other standard to SQLite and supported
format to embed, that approach would be useful. Like composite value
types.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/