So I’m in the process of liberating my GIS data on a shoestring budget with
the SQLite / SpatiaLite combo, all test connections to my database (through
Christian Werner’s ODBC driver) are going great, but then I run into major
difficulties returning ADODB RecordSet’s in ArcMap VBA on any Text field
whatsoever (Integer fields are ok).  The instant I include Text columns in
the Select statement field list or Where clause, I end up with a falsely
empty recordset (it even chokes on SELECT *...).  Getting data into the db
with Connection.Excute is no problem (DSN or Driver based connections).
Reading data via linked tables or pass-through queries in MS Access is no
problem.  I’ve tried various versions of ADO (currently on 2.8) and the
SQLite ODBC driver (currently on 0.79).  I've tried all manor of cursor and
lock types.  The SpatiaLite library extension has been turned off, still the
problem persists.  This is where I say, "What in the what what?".  Any
insights are very welcome.  Please be kind, as I'm quite green.  I'm running
XP sp2.

I've cross posted this with the SpatiaLite Users Google Group at (if you
care to see the info from that thread):
http://groups.google.com/group/spatialite-users/browse_thread/thread/18358e0344097b8a

On a related note (at least in my mind); has dhSQLite been compiled to allow
the loading of dll extensions (like SpatiaLite)?

Thanks for any assistance you all can provide.