On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 7:16 AM, Ben Harper <b...@imqs.co.za> wrote:

> I have a virtual table implementation that implements the
> xBestIndex/xFilter functions.
> Problem:
> A LIKE query (for eg. field LIKE "prefix%") gets sets to xBestIndex as a
> GT/LT pair.
> However, I can't tell from the sqlite3_index_info whether that GT/LT should
> be NOCASE collation or BINARY collation. I want the default LIKE behaviour,
> which is NOCASE, but I can't figure out where to glean this information from
> inside xBestIndex.
>
> Am I missing something?

LIKE will only get converted to a GT/LT pair if the collating sequence is
NOCASE, or if you have specified PRAGMA case_sensitive_like=ON and the
collating sequence is BINARY.  So if you have a GT/LT pair in xBestIndex and
you have not missed with case_sensitive_like, then you can be sure that the
collating sequence is NOCASE.

> Thanks,
> Ben

D. Richard Hipp