On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Walter Meinl <w...@lsvw.de> wrote:

> This defect report is cloned from mozilla bug595599
> RW: "This patch disables WAL journalling on OS/2 since that feature
> requires memory-mapped file i/o which OS/2 doesn't support, and makes
> other small changes where needed."
> The patch was originally created by Rich Walsh against the amalgamation
> file in the mozilla-tree (SQlite v 3.7.1)
> I've installed fossil and broke up the patch to apply against current
> trunk files (src/os.h, src/os_os2.c and src/mutex_os2.c)
> The patch can be downloaded from this link.
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=477692
> The original patch:
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=474575

If the underlying VFS does not support shared-memory (which the OS/2 VFS
does not) then SQLite simply will not go into WAL mode.  No patching is
needed for this.  Everything should work as delivered.

What exactly is malfunctioning?  What is the problem that this patch
attempts to fix?

> Additional question for future reports: Is it possible to add
> attachments to the mailing list?
> Thanks, Walter

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org