On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 02:10:52PM -0700, Roger Binns scratched on the wall:
> On 18/07/12 13:00, Richard Hipp wrote:
> > We have taken to requiring moderator approval before accepting new
> > members onto this mailing list.

> A better approach as used elsewhere (eg Google & Yahoo groups) is that the
> first ~10 messages from someone are moderated.  (The moderator can put
> that person on the approved/banned list early.)

  Except that adds about 10x the workload for the moderators.  I'd
  rather have the SQLite team working on code, even if it means
  suffering the occasional spam message.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson