On 25 Oct 2014, at 3:31pm, Ali Jawad <alijaw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> bash script
>
> sqlite3 websites.db "PRAGMA busy_timeout=1500;CREATE TABLE [$SITE] (DATE
> INT ,EU INT , US INT);"

Creating and destroying tables always involves a long lock.

> php script
>
> $ret = $db->query("PRAGMA busy_timeout=1500;SELECT eu,us,date FROM [$site]
> ORDER BY date(DATE) DESC  LIMIT 10");

This doesn't work.  The query will process only the query command.  You want
something more like

// do this just once, soon after creating the $db connection
$ret = $db-exec("PRAGMA busy_timeout=1500");

// do this when you need the result
$ret = $db->query("SELECT eu,us,date FROM [$site] ORDER BY date(DATE) DESC
LIMIT 10");

By the way ... I notice you are creating a table with a variable name.  This is
usually a bad sign.  It might make more sense to put your data into one table,
and add a column which contains the $site .  Then you don't need to create a
new table when you have data for a new site.

Simon.