On 8 Dec 2014, at 2:24am, Dwight Harvey <dharv...@students.northweststate.edu>
wrote:

> I know very little and Databases are complex and intimidating.
>
> I figured out how to run queries but I don't know if they are
> correct/accurate, as in what I requested from the 'RUN' results?
>
> How do you 'VERIFY' your query results?

I bet if you read over your notes or your textbook you'll find that your
instructor explained how to do this sometime during your instruction.  But
without knowing what you instructor intended you to do we might be able to take
some guesses.

If you could list every row of the tables in your query you could look down
them yourself and see what you think the result of the query should be.  So you
can do that, just use

SELECT * FROM dbo.employees

Obviously in real life tables get huge and it's not practical to do this.
That's why when you test your code you make up small dummy tables to check that
things are working correctly.  And you make up appropriate sample data to test
two kinds of errors:

false positive: returning a row you didn't mean to return
false negative: not returning a row you should have returned

Good luck with your course.

Simon.