On 02/23/2015 12:42 PM, J Decker wrote:
> I see; the first part...
>
> " result of the pragma or the error message if the pragma fails"  I missed
> the or part... or rather missed the part before the or.
>
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 8:13 PM, J Decker <d3ck0r at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So now that I have the added complexity of my own vfs in which to make a
>> sqlite vfs... I'm having some issues.
>>
>> Hmm...
>> One of the first things I do is 'pragma journal_mode=WAL'
>> I return sqlite_ok; but the result has 0 columns, whereas my command line
>> tool returns a column 'journal_mode' and a row 'WAL'..
>>
>> is WAL somehow dependant on the VFS?

Only in that sqlite3_io_methods.iVersion needs to be 2 or greater. i.e.
you need to implement the xShmXXX() methods.

>> I was just going to note, that although I'm setting wall, and it does 3
>> probes to see if the wal file exists... and probes a lot actually - though
>> I guess it's assuming other processes are going to be manipulating the
>> file? (is there a compile option to disable that, and assume it's the only
>> one with access to the database?)

If you set "PRAGMA locking_mode=EXCLUSIVE" it won't do that. Of course,
then you're limited to at most one sqlite3* handle.

Or, it will stop probing if it is actually in wal mode.

Dan.