> On 8/09/2016, at 3:36 PM, David Empson <demp...@emptech.co.nz> wrote:
>

>> On 8/09/2016, at 3:23 PM, Rowan Worth <row...@dug.com> wrote:
>>
>> We recently made sqlite's logging more visible in our application and we're
>> seeing a lot more "schema has changed" warnings than I'd expect, since our
>> app pretty much doesn't touch the schema except during DB creation. I know
>> the warnings are harmless, just curious where they are coming from :)
>
> I found the same thing, with an obvious cause: every ATTACH DATABASE or
> DETACH DATABASE triggers a schema change which requires recompiling every
> prepared statement. SQLite does this automatically,

[Oops, bumped the send button mid-sentence.]

SQLite does this automatically, but it outputs a message to the error log
(which is not returned via the API as an error).

I ended up suppressing that specific error in my log handler as our application
is regularly doing a lot of attach/detach operations and has a lot of prepared
statements.