I recently tried using Coalesce() to check existence of a column name.
SELECT DISTINCT COALESCE((SELECT 'AColumnThatDoesNotExist' FROM TD), -999)
FROM TD;
But, the SQL error code dominates? "no such column: AColumnThatDoesNotExist"
Had to resort to:
SELECT name FROM pragma_table_info('TD') WHERE name =
'AColumnThatDoesNotExist';
And oddly, pragma_table_info() fails below if the Table TD is unadorned?