Gerry Snyder wrote:

BTW, I really liked the video presentation mentioned on the list recently, not least because I had not been sure how to pronounce SQLite (I had thought it might be ESS CUE LITE instead of the proper ESS CUE ELL (L)ITE)

Well, that's really only one person's opinion of how to pronounce "SQLite". Even if he is the author. :-)

I personally prefer the ESS CUE LITE pronunciation because it is shorter. On the other hand, I also pronounce SQL as ESS CUE ELL, and not SEQUEL as so many other do.

The same issue has surrounded Linux for a long while. There are several different pronunciations given to the letter "i". Some (like me) use a short i sound (like fin), some use a long i sound (like fine), some use a long e sound (like bee). The later is derived from the correct pronunciation of Linus Torvlads first name in his native Finish. Linus himself uses the first style as demonstrated at http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/saylinux.htm

Dennis Cote