On Apr 22, 2008, at 7:57 PM, Joanne Pham joannekpham-at-yahoo.com |
sqlite| wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have the serveral sql statement in the one file call : getData.sql
> and
> I want to use the sqlite API to call this file to execute all sql
> statements in this file at once.
>
> Can you tell me what API I should use.
> I had the code to execute the statment but I don't know how to call
> the file.
> Below is my code to execute the single statement.
> sqlSt = sqlite3_open( name, &pDb);
> strcpy(&stmt[0], "Select * from my table");
> sqlSt = sqlite3_exec(pDb, sqlStmt, NULL, 0, &errMsg) ;

If you can read the whole file into a character array then you can
execute it all in a single sqlite3_exec call. That is, sqlite3_exec
will process multiple statements in a single string, such as "SELECT *
FROM my_table; SELECT * FROM my_other_table;". Or, you could read the
file line by line and pass each line to exec, if you know that each
line contains a complete SQL statement.