kgs wrote:

>>> Hi all,
>>> I've compiled sqlite3 for arm-linux(armv5t) as well as the tcl environment.
>>> sqlite3 3.5.9
>>> tcl 8.4
>>>
>>> I've run testfixture all.test on the hardware it's compiled for.
>>> Everything runs great until we come to the crash4-1.1.1 up to
>>> crash4-1.1000.1.
>>> the messages are :
>>> Expected: [1 {child process exited abnormally}]
>>>      Got: [1 {couldn't create error file for command: no such file or
>>> directory}]
>>>
>>> for each crash4-1.x.1, then :
>>> *** Giving up...
>>> 1000 errors out of 26715 tests
>>>
>>> the crash4-1.x.2 and crash4-1.x.3 return Ok.
>>>
>>> Any ideas as to what may be wrong ?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>

>> So this is apparently what is happening...
>> this code in tester.tcl :
>> set r [catch {
>>     exec [info nameofexec] crash.tcl >@stdout
>>   } msg]
>>
>> is returning :
>> 1 {couldn't create error file for command: no such file or directory}
>>
>> so i think that >@stdout is trying to treat stdout as an open file...
>> but it doesn't exist.
>>
>> I'm guessing that stdout is supposed to be a fixed thing in tcl... and
>> that this is supposed to take the output from the exec and pipe it to
>> stdout.
>>
>> So... if this is how its supposed to work, then why isn't it ?

> Never mind that last message, >@stdout puts the error message i'm
> getting in "msg" through the catch.
> So that leaves, that the testfixture command is not being found.  I
> checked what "info nameofexec" is returning, and it returns the full
> path and name of testfixture.
> When I run "testfixture crash.tcl", I get no error...  I am confused.
>
> Forgive my babbling, this is my first day with tcl.

Ok, so now I think I know what really going on... from
http://www.tcl.tk/faq/tclwin.htm
B-14: exec: couldn't create error file for command: Error 0
 If exec returns an error message of "couldn't create error file for
command: Error 0", the following may help:
 This problem exists under Unix and Windows NT. I have conclusive proof
that under Unix it was being caused by the temporary directory not being
world writable, which explains why superusers were able to "exec"
something but not a regular user. The "gotcha!" is that /tmp is not
necessarily the temporary directory that is used, so people were not
seeing an obvious problem. Tcl uses the tmpnam() system call, which on
many systems actually uses /var/tmp, and on some systems that directory
was not world writable. I would like to call this a problem with one's
site administration.

Since root access to the hardware I'm using is not attainable, how do I
work around this ? Any ideas ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.