Thanks
I'll try.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mihai Limbasan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 4:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQL error: database is locked

M.Kursad DARA wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I want to move my sqlite db's to another location and wants to mount
> on nfs.
>
> when i try to select some data from my sqlitedb on nfs i'm getting
> error
> below:
>
> SQL error: Database is locked.
>
> What's is the solution.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ps : I googled but cant find exact solution.

Hi there.

The SQLite FAQ entry #5 at http://sqlite.org/faq.html#q5 has this to
say:

SQLite uses reader/writer locks to control access to the database. [...]

*But use caution: this locking mechanism might not work correctly if the

database file is kept on an NFS filesystem.* This is because fcntl()
file locking is broken on many NFS implementations. You should avoid
putting SQLite database files on NFS if multiple processes might try to
access the file at the same time.

So, basically, it's a "don't do that" situation. Try using CIFS sharing.

You could search for more mentions of NFS on sqlite.org by using Google
this way:

http://www.google.com/search?q=nfs+site:sqlite.org

HTH