This limitation has been around for a while in the MS Visual
debuggers...  I can't find the MSDN article that discusses it, but
once you exceed 64k lines, all bets are off.

Work arounds include using the canonical source to build and debug, or
stripping comment lines, white space etc. from the amalgamation to get
below 64k.

HTH.
-Shane