> Hi,
>
> I am relatively new to ssh and I'd like to know if it is possible to do
> the following:
>
> I want to force the VNC server to only accept connection thru an ssh
> secure pipe.

[chop]

> The right-hand side of the drawing I have sorted out. The server side is
> still a mystery. How do I convince VNC to only use and ssh pipe and
> refuse connection from any other tcp port?

I think you can say "vnc -localhost" so that it only accepts connection from
the local host, if the ssh pipe ends at the same machine as the one where
the ssh pipe ends. Of course, VNC will still accept unenctypted connections
from the localhost, but not from remote hosts.

Incompetence disclaimer:
I haven't tried, and I don't know much about the gearworks of TCP and
tunneling. So I don't know whether my logic is sound, and whether it'll
actuelly work.

--
Åsmund Skjæveland ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

PGP signature