I've found very few cases where single inheritance has been a problem:

Action -> MyActionBase -> MyAction   is a useful pattern.

My personal opinion is that you would be doing yourself a favor by
breaking your aversion to lots of little files.  That's why we have
packages :-)  Don't fight the framework.

Jeff