Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could answer this question for me.

I have modified a version of struts 1.0 to support xml->xsl->html
transformations.

I would like to make these changes available to anyone who would want to
use them but I was wondering what the policy is on posting derived works
based on struts.

Could someone help me with this question?

Thanks,

For the curious, my changes in a nutshell are:
struts-config.xml gets:
     <!--
        the transform tag defines the browser user agent to match
         against to run a particular xsl file
     -->
     <action    path="/menu"
                type="com.oroad.mail.actions.MenuAction"
                scope="request">
       <forward name="success">
         <transform name="default" path="/menu_default.xsl"/>
         <transform name="Mozilla" path="/menu_netscape.xsl"/>
         <transform name="MSIE" path="/menu_ie.xsl"/>
       </forward>
     </action>
org.apache.struts.action.Action gets:
A document (JDOM) class variable to store the XML created in an action
class.
org.apache.struts.action.ActionTransform and
org.apache.struts.action.ActionTransforms
(basically modified org.apache.struts.action.ActionForward(s) classes)
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet gets:
processActionTransform which basically handles getting the correct xsl
file for the user agent being passed in, does the transform on the
action.document variable and dumps the resulting html(or whatever) to
the client.

--
Jeff Pennal                         p:604-694-0554(x107)
Software Developer                  f:604-694-0558