Serious breach of MVC though!

What don't you like about the select implementation?  I think it's cool!

Dave

Sarah Farrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/11/2002
10:19:26 PM

      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:    (bcc: David Hay/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:  Re: Pre and Post Processing

I'm relatively new to struts too.  But I really don't like the HTML select
implementation.  So I use a custom tag to fill in select/option lists.  In fact
I have to use this tag throughout my application so I made it very generic.  My
select/option lists almost always come right from my database.  So I made a tag
that takes a SQL statement as an attribute, the name of the field that I want
as the option value as the 2nd attribute, and the name of the field I want
displayed in the list as the 3rd attribute.  The tag class builds a
stringbuffer with "<option value=[field1]>[field2]</option>" strings for each
row returned from the SQL statement.

Then I use the struts form/action classes to verify the result of submitting
the form.