The nightly builds represent the ongoing development effort; it is our
actual alpha CVS, there is no other. We try to keep it in a buildable,
usable state, but there can be no guarantees.

The latest builds includes a number of new features which are still
settling in. This includes

+ the execute signature and declarative exceptions
+ role based security
+ multiple-configuration support
+ dynabeans

If you are not ready to explore those, then I would suggest trying the
build for 12 Jan, which I tucked away and have been using myself.
(Though now that we have Tiles for the latest 1.1, I can start moving
forward.)

http://husted.com/struts/resources/jakarta-struts-20020112.zip

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-> Web: http://husted.com/about/services