Hi All,

I've read a few posts in the archives and not seen anything conclusive on this apart
from the recommendation to stick to

action -> page -> action

What I want to do is this:

firstpage -> action1 -> formpage1 -> action1 -> action2 -> page2 etc

I've just got to the point where I'm coding the validation for form1 and I am getting
all my validation ActionErrors appearing when I first call up the form page. Since
it's the first time I'm calling this page, I don't want anything validated at all.

Do I have to switch validation off with a switch in my ActionForm validate method, or
am I doing something wrong?

Or should I define an ActionMapping with validation set to false to display this form
page for the first time, and have the form submit to another ActionMapping with
validation set to true?

Just wondering if I've missed something important.

Thanks
Adam

http://www.shopping.altavista.com