<input .... > is not working because it probably gets confused with the
placements of " in the tags. I am guessing that the value is set to
'<bean:message key='. You might be able to use a different delimiter such
as ' for the value tag.

Better yet, use this:

    <bean:message key="global.prompt.submit"/>

Hope this help...

- Saeid